Art Studio Rules (updated)September 12th, 2019HopeArts
HopeArts Art Studio Rules
These rules exist to ensure the experience of the studio for ALL artists, and to promote a safe and supportive environment of creativity for the community of artists.
These rules are updated periodically, and so it is incumbent upon the individual artist to keep up with the rules and any updated information/policies outlined herein.
- Love (agape and phileo) One Another: be patient, be kind, be considerate, be humble, consider others as you would consider and esteem yourself, be not self-seeking, be not rude, be not aggressive or bullying, be safe and a safe-place for others.
- Love the Community of Artists as you would love (agape and phileo) an individual artist.
- Clean up after each session: no janitorial services visit the studio; each artist is responsible for cleaning up spills and messes, returning items to their lockers of community cubbies/storage areas, taking out trash (especially any trash with food wrappers/food stuffs).
- Any chemical usage requiring ventilation or mask usage not permitted during Open Creation Times (Mon.-Fri. 6:30 P.M.-8:30 P.M.), or within 4 hours (or a longer reasonable time for ventilation of space) before those times. We have artists with breathing issues, and health and safety to consider.
- No food to be kept in lockers.
- No open consumption or sharing of substances or materials for which anyone potentially suffering an addiction to said items; this includes alcohol, pornography, and the like.
- No possession, storage, usage, or distribution of controlled substances; if it is against the law, it is against the rules.
- Any coarse joking, lewdness, conversation, or topic which explicitly hurts or bothers another artist present is to be ceased upon first request.
- Activities affecting other artists as a whole are allowed / determined acceptable by the group present.