I wanted to remind you all that Family Night starts for another year tomorrow night September 9th and will run on Wednesday evenings through the fall! Below you will find a list of groups that will be meeting. Please consider coming and finding a group. As I said from the pulpit the a few weeks ago; at Hope Chapel we believe strongly that it is in the context of small groups that we really live out our faith in Christ and grow to become all that God dreams for us.
Supper is available from 5:30 – 6:15 pm. A donation basket is there if you want to chip in to help defray the cost but the meal is offered free of charge. At 6:15 pm childcare begins and we do a quick clean up of the family room and kitchen. Groups begin at 6:30 pm and end at 8 pm.
Here are the groups currently set to meet:
- McCharen Hope Group – a group for anyone but mainly consisting of families with kids
- Tompkins Hope Group – a group for anyone but will be particularly helpful for those who are new to small group life and are not sure where to start or for those jumping back into small group life and are not sure what they want in a small group yet. Think of this group as a wonderful entryway into small group life
- Dooldeynia Hope Group – a group primarily for couples which focuses on marriage and family issues
- Good and Beautiful discipleship group – a group that meets for the purpose of going through the three book “Good and Beautiful” discipleship series beginning this semester with book one, Good and Beautiful God. This group is mostly full already but if there is enough interest we will offer a second group. Please let me know if you are interested.
- Hope Arts Studio group – this group meets in our own Hope Chapel art studio and “does” art while connecting relationally.
- Hope Arts Writers’ group – this group meets for the purpose of helping its participants become better writers of prose, poetry, or whatever.
Finally, if you would like to start a Family Night group or you have an existing group that would like to move to Family Night please let me know and we can talk.
Once again, I am thrilled to be kicking off this boisterous, full of life evening once again and I hope you will consider coming!