April 3rd, 2015 ›
The McCallum High School vertical team needs our help — approximately 10 kids are emancipated (living on their own) and 30 or so have families living in fairly high need situations. 2nd Chapter Ministries is coordinating an effort to meet some of those needs. The vertical team includes 2 middle schools and 10 elementary schools in addition to the high school, so this is a great opportunity to show God’s kindness and the love of Jesus in a practical way to a lot of people.
A “giving tree” has been erected in the foyer with specific needs, some of which are listed below. You can help by selecting 1 (or more) items to donate and either placing the dollar amount in an envelope, buying the gift card and bringing it back in an envelope, or contacting the phone number if donating something other than gift cards.
Some of the needs:
• $10 gift cards for HEB and Target
• $10 gift cards for gas
• Boxes of individually wrapped snacks for hungry high school kids (examples: granola bars, peanut butter crackers, goldfish, water, gatorade bottles, etc.)
• Queen-size bedding (sheets, blankets, and/or pillows)
• Vacuum cleaner
• Household items for a family that escaped an abusive situation (ideas: bath and dish towels, rugs, lamps, etc.)
• Roll-away bed or cot for a single mom
• Clothing of all sizes from infant to XL (any season and both genders)
A few extra notes:
Please be sure that any used items are gently used.
If writing checks, please make them out to Hope Chapel.
The giving tree will be in our foyer till April 12th so you have plenty of time to give as the Lord leads you. Please pray about how you can be a part of this ministry.
Tommy McIntosh, Director 2nd Chapter Ministries
Isabel Rosenblad, coordinator of our McCallum outreach